Enjoy a luxury South Island getaway in the middle of beautiful New Zealand landscape!
This is a getaway like no other. Ensconced in a luxury glass cabin, complete with glass roof, glass floor, three walls all of glass with big wide sliding doors and decking, you get to truly immerse yourself in the beautiful natural environment. For stargazers, the glass roof and the lack of light pollution ensures on clear nights there are plenty of stars to view. We provide a telescope and a star map so even novice star gazers can have fun identifying the stars.
You will need to walk up to 1km on a mixture of bush and farm tracks that gently weave their way up to your remote overnight accommodation. Designed for environmental sustainability, the accommodation is solar-powered. operating fully off the grid and deliberately without a wi-fi connection. You can be assured of tranquility and a minimal carbon footprint.
There are five destinations to choose from:
- Greystone, hidden above a beautiful organic winery in Waipara, less than an hour’s drive from Christchurch
- Kahutara, perched high above the Kahutara River with vast views across to the mighty Seaward Kaikoura mountain range, only 20 minutes inland from Kaikoura, or 2.5 hours from Christchurch
- Manakau, situated in a vast landscape with sweeping and dramatic views of the Seaward Kaikoura mountain range, only 20 minutes inland from Kaikoura, or 2.5 hours from Christchurch
- Little River, nestled into a patch of regenerating native bush high above the Little River township on the beautiful Banks Peninsula, less than an hour from Christchurch
- Pohue, with beautiful views of the historic Port Levy bay and surrounded by rolling hills and magnificent rocky outcrops. only an hours drive from Christchurch
Each package is for one nights accommodation, so you could purchase several 'nights' and stay at different destinations. To ensure privacy, the exact location of the accommodation will only be sent to you after your booking has been confirmed.
No food is provided as part of the package price, but provisions can be supplied if required (at additional cost), including gluten free and vegetarian options. You can also self-cater, but there are no restaurants nearby!
Email us to check the availability for your preferred dates.
Please note that the bedding in each destination is a Queens Size bed only, they cannot be split into singles and no additional bedding is possible. Please also note that due to potential fire risks in the pristine rural landscapes and remote locations, there are STRICT no smoking rules in place at all of the destinations (inside and outside).
The experience was nothing short of amazing...my wife and I enjoyed the trip, our only regret was we couldn't spend more days there. Thank you and hope you guys keep up the great work :)
— Saravanan Kathiresan