Last updated: 1 August 2017
Unless otherwise specified, any capitalised term used below has the same meaning as set out in the General Terms.
1. Collection of information: We gather various information about Members and users of the Website. This information includes:
(a)personal information, provided through voluntary registration or use of the Website (such as your first and last names, email, address, phone number etc.);
(b) personal information, provided to us by you for any purchase through the Website (such as credit card number, expiration date and authentication codes or related information);
(c) personal information, provided to us by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussions);
(d) information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website, including the content you upload and the content you access; and
(e) aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website, and cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (such as your preferences on our Website).
If you do not provide necessary personal information when requested, you may not be able to access and/or use certain functions of the Website.
2. How your information is used: If you participate in an online activity on the Website, your personal information will only be used for the purposes of that online activity, unless you otherwise provide us with your consent. Any personal information you provide may be used for the following purposes:
(a) to send you periodic emails that you have subscribed to through your nominated email address;
(b) to contact you as part of the transaction process when entering into a Confirmed Purchase;
(c) to make withdrawals from your credit card or payment account in exchange for payment for any Confirmed Purchase;
(d) to obtain feedback on a Confirmed Purchase you have made;
(e) verification of your identity as a Member of the Website;
(f) to monitor, develop and improve the Website and ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for the user;
(g) to keep the Website relevant and of interest to users;
(h) to investigate any complaints relating to the misuse of the Website;
(i) responding to any queries and/or comments you have sent to us; and
(j) such other use that you authorise.
When making a Confirmed Purchase we also request credit card or other payment account information which are maintained in encrypted form on secure servers. We use Stripe to process all credit card payments. We recommend that you read Stripe's Security Policy so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by them. In particular, remember that Stripe may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves Stripe then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which Stripe or its facilities are located.
We do not share your credit card or other payment account information with any third party except for those companies responsible for processing credit card transactions for us.
You will have the option to choose not to receive certain types of email communications from us, except for those that are absolutely necessary to provide you with details of any purchases you have made or any changes to the way your membership or the Website are to operate . Any emails we send will always contain a link at the bottom allowing you to be removed from our mailing list or you can unsubscribe via your account page
3. Disclosure of Information: We will only share personal information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances
(a) to provide any Merchant and third party logistics provider with your details to the extent necessary so that the Merchant can process your Confirmed Purchase and provide the relevant Goods or Services to you (including without limitation, your contact and delivery address details for the purpose of delivering your consignment to your chosen address and processing payment);
(b) where we have your consent (such as where you opt-in to receive communications from third party Merchants in the process of making a Confirmed Purchase);
(c) to the relevant authorities, any internet search provider that you use to access the Website, and/or the applicable intellectual property rights holders (or their representatives) if we consider you are infringing the intellectual property rights of any person; or
(d) as required by law
(a) track traffic patterns to and from the Website including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
(b) ensure advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain ad formats; and
(c) enable you to enter our Website and use certain services as a Member without having to log on each time and to visit Member-restricted areas of the Website.
You can choose to disable cookies by turning them off in your web browser settings and/or deleting them from your hard drive. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use the Website but you may have limited or no access to some features or functions of the Website if the cookies are turned off.
5. Links: We do not control the practices of Merchants, content providers, partners and advertisers connected with the Website and to whom you provide personal information whilst using the Website. Our Website contains links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
6. Security: While we take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is delivered and disclosed only as set out above, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Website. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
8. Holding, correcting and updating information: Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us at 4 Whetu Place, Rosedale. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. Although we take reasonable steps to ensure that all data we use is accurate, we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. We offer the ability for users to correct or change their personal information online at any time and as often as necessary. If you have any questions about how our services work or regarding this statement, contact us at email@example.com. For information about New Zealand's Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, visit www.privacy.org.nz.